Monday, July 5, 2010

The Tummy Beast

This photo that is appearing is a storyboard that my classmates and I have been doing. My storyboard illustrates parts of a poem called The Tummy Beast written by Roald Dahl. We have been reading alot of fantastic poems written by great imaginative poets, like On the Ning Nang Nong, The hampster on a skateboard and lots more enjoyable ones. This storyboard is about a little boy who thinks a beast is inside his tummy, so he goes ahead and moans to his mother and tells her the story. I was so surprised when we read this poem because I thought that Roald Dahl was only a book author but he is also a poet too.

1 comment:

  1. Angelica,
    I'm pleased you find poetry enjoyable because I really love it too! I believe Roald Dahl is an amazing writer, of stories AND poetry! The way he uses words and rhyme make his poems really fun to read aloud. If you enjoy Roald Dahl's poems then you will probably love poems by Michael Rosen too. Some of his funniest poems are in books illustrated by Quentin Blake so they are fabulous to look at as well.
    Maybe you could write a poem for your blog? I would love to read it :)

    ReplyDelete