Monday, May 7, 2012

My First Basketball Session


The bell went for the beginning of the day. I wasn’t looking forward at all for our first Basketball session. I didn’t know how to play at all.
It was Room 7’s turn to play.  We were the first.

Room 7 filed into the courts ready for our first Basketball lesson. We were met by our new instructor Coach Bruce. He told us abit about himself and his career. Rules were put in place. Instructions were given.
We were ready to begin our session.

We got into teams. We started with a few basic skills. We had to dribble the ball to the other side. We walked back and forth, back and forth. We practised dribbling the ball with both hands. It was quite hard for me, but it was my first time of course. It then turned into a little challenge/game. First team to finish was the winner. My team did win a few times but others won most.

We then played a different game. FOCUS and TEAMWORK were our 2 main goals. We had to dribble the ball walking around flipping over our coloured cones. Our colour was red, then it changed to blue. Our team gave it our all just to have fun. We did want to win but to us having fun was what we wanted.

It was time to go back to class. “Oh man”, I moaned. I enjoyed my first Basketball lesson even though I struggled a few times. However I had loads of fun.  I can’t wait for the coming up weeks of our Basketball sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment