Monday, May 7, 2012

My Holiday














During my holidays, I went to the community holiday programme. It was held in the parish hall. I was leading the games, with the willing help of Sefo and Olalini. I was Halamehi’s assistant.

After prayers, we got started. “Listen up everyone”, I yelled. “Leaders, 8 little kids for Cat & Mouse”. “Quick, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,” I gasped. Both teams were settled. They were ready to start. “On your marks, get set, GO”, Sefo and Lini shouted. Simeone ran as fast as he could. He tried to escape from the Crazy Smurf runners. Crazy Smurfs, struggled to get him out. Both teams cheered. They chanted so loud, my ears were so sore.

Time came by. We played more games. We played Dodge ball, Jockeys and many more fun games. Both teams became true competitors. Tick Tock, went the clock. It was lunch time. Halamehi dished out the food and handed it out. “ You can play after your finish guys, I shouted. “45 minutes to play”.

Time passed quickly. “5 minuted to go guys”. The clock striked 1:30. “Everyone inside now”, I screamed at the top of my lungs. When everyone was inside, I could see sweat dripping down peoples foreheads. I said to myself, “Gross”.

Next we played more games. People got more sweaty and exhausted. As time passed, it was time to end the day. To end the day off, we said prayers. Straight after prayers, everyone walked their directions, heading for their next destinations. “Bye guys”, I yelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment